As the leaves take on a golden hue and the cool breeze of October sets in, we're thrilled to bring to the table the latest iteration of the Payara Platform. The October 2023 release features 3 bug fixes, 9 component upgrades, 1 security fix and 1 improvement for Payara Enterprise 6.7.0. Payara Community 6.2023.10 also features 4 bug fixes, 9 component upgrades, 1 security fix and 1 improvement.
You may notice, there is no Community Payara Platform 5 release. If you wish to keep using Jakarta EE 8 and earlier, you must move to Payara Enterprise. This is where Payara Platform 5 is still updated! Payara Platform Enterprise 5.56.0 is out this month. Request a free trial.
- A handy --timeout argument has been introduced to the start-domain command, offering more control over timeout settings during domain startup.
- Security is a priority, and in this release, we've addressed a vulnerability by upgrading json-smart to version 2.4.11 in OIDC Client.
- Addressed an issue where useBundledJsf didn’t remove the old JSF from the classpath entirely.
- Rectified missing --add-opens in Payara Micro and several other bugs enhancing the overall usability and stability of the platform.
- A series of component upgrades including, but not limited to, JBoss Classfilewriter, Jakarta Batch API, Jakarta EJB API, and Tyrus, have been incorporated to keep the platform updated with the latest stable libraries.
We're grateful for the community's contribution - special shoutout toCtabinfor helping us update ASM to version 9.6.
This release is a testament to our goal of continually enhancing the Payara Platform to meet your evolving modern enterprise Java development needs. Want to get involved? Contribute via GitHub.
Register for the First Virtual Payara Conference
Empowering Enterprise Innovation with Jakarta EE
Thursday, 14th December 2023, 11am - 5:30pm GMT
Join our free virtual conference, where you can pick the events you want to attend, at:https://www.crowdcast.io/c/virtualpayaraconference
Hear from industry leaders: Tanja Obradovic, Jakarta EE Program Manager, Michael Redlich, Java Champion, Java News Editor at InfoQ, James Governor, Senior Analyst and Co-Founder at Red Monk, the Developer Focused Analyst Firm, and Payara CTO and Founder Steve Millidge.
Find out more about the Payara Platform 2024 roadmap! Talks will be available on-demand after the conference for all who register.
Downloads and Release Notes
See a more detailed overview of the fixes and improvements in the Release Notes: