Recently Gaurav Gupta (Principal Developer at Payara) made this presentation at the Great Indian Developer Summit in Bangalore.
NetBeans IDE brings the speed of enterprise applications development to a new level. You can create a fully operational Java EE 8 application in few minutes from scratch, and you can select the technologies based on preferences such as JAX-RS 2.1, JSON-B, JPA, JAXB, Security API, JWT, CDI, Bean Validation 2.0, Swagger, Angular, Payara Server, Payara Micro, MicroProfile 1.2, Docker, Arquillian and more. The solution features a rich web UI, business logic, security, a REST API and more.
- We start with the creation of a sample business model using Jeddict to generate Java EE 8, MicroProfile 1.2 and Angular 5 application.
- Generated Application will contain Payara Micro docker file to demonstrate the NetBeans awesome Docker functionality (available in Service > Cloud).
- NetBeans Docker functionality will be utilize to connect with Docker Registry and push the created docker image of application.
- Once the docker image is built, it will be deployed to cloud using the NetBeans Cloud functionality (available in Service > Cloud).
- Now, the created sample business model will extended to demonstrate the DB Modeler functionality so developer can modify the table, column, join-column, join-table, & secondary table name and other properties.
- In the end, Quick look on db reverse engineering, class reverse engineering, work space, all JDBC database support and SQL generation functionality.