A Business Guide to NoSQL on the Jakarta EE Platform
Published on 26 Jan 2023by Priya Khaira-Hanks
Traditionally, enterprises stored their SQL data in relational database management systems (RDBMS). However, the strict and rigid SQL data format is not always fit for purpose...
This has led to the rise of schemaless databases and NoSQL. The distributed, non-relational model of NoSQL database technology made it the almost perfect choice for companies like Twitter, Google and Facebook that had amassed massive datasets from their web applications.
But is it right for your enterprise? And will it work with Jakarta EE?
The answer is, maybe, and yes! In our new free guide we cover:
- A brief history and evolution of the NoSQL data paradigm
- Key advantages and downsides of NoSQL
- The business case for NoSQL
- Types of NoSQL data
- Options for incorporating NoSQL data into a Jakarta EE application
- The future of application data storage and the Jakarta EE Platform
By the end of this guide, you will be equipped to make informed business decisions about NoSQL data within your specific business context.
You can also explore our previous content to help with digital transformation and Jakarta EE :