You may also want to check out our more up-to-date article here:
5 Production Features in Payara Server 5 You Might Not Know About
1. Payara Server has a full web based administration console
The Payara administration console is fully featured and provides a single view of all clustered and standalone Payara servers. New servers can be created, configured and controlled from the administration console. Applications and resources can be deployed across the whole domain all from the administration console.
2. Payara Server has a fully scriptable Command Line Interface
The asadmin tool provides a full scriptable command line interface for the administration of a Payara domain. Using the asadmin scripting tool a complete Payara domain creation across multiple physical servers can be fully scripted in a repeatable way. Domain creation scripts can be versioned and managed in source control systems to provide standard repeatable builds. Also using asadmin servers can be monitored and controlled purely from the command line.See our script examples on Git Hub: https://github.com/payara/Payara-Examples/tree/master/Administration-Samples
3. Payara Server has a full REST based management console
4. Payara Server is fully instrumented via JMXPayara Server provides a full set of monitoring JMX MBeans enabling simple and rapid integration to any JMX based monitoring program to provide historical metrics and alerts.
5. Payara Server supports rolling upgrades of Java EE applicationsPayara Server allows multiple versions of an application to be deployed to a cluster of Payara Servers. The latest version of an application can then be enabled in turn across all the cluster members ensuring continued availability without losing any web session state.
6. Payara Server is fully supported in Production
Payara Server is fully supportedwith 24/7 P1 screen sharing assistance from experienced Payara Engineers combined with monthly patch releases and on demand hot fixes.